These magnificent award winning gardens are thought to be the largest garden restoration project in Europe!!
The Lost Gardens of Heligan consist of over 80 acres of magnificent gardens, which until 1991 were lost and forgotten under seventy years of ivy, bramble, laurel and fallen timber.
The Heligan Estate was built in 1603 by William Tremayne and was home to the Tremayne family who controlled over 1000 acres of the local area. The estate was self-sufficent with numerous farms, quarries, flourmills, saw mills and even its own brewery.
The gardens were opened to the general public in 1992 and have since become award winning.
Today, visitors from around the world enjoy the magnificent gardens which include extraordinary plant collections, a series of walled gardens, exotic glasshouses and a two-acre productive kitchen garden. There is a 22-acre sub-tropical 'jungle' garden and 30-acre 'Lost Valley' plus beautiful lakes and ponds.
This outstanding garden which is filled with amazing trees to foliage, was originally moved by Victorian plant hunters. Our boardwalk weaves through bamboo tunnels, around ponds, and under banana palms. Something to please everyone.
The Garden also has picnic areas, tearoom and gift shop from where you can purchase some of the beautiful plants to be found in the gardens.
The Lost Gardens of Heligan are a 'living museum' and a wonderful example of historic gardening.
PDF size: (4.7 Mb)
Find out what the weather is like at
The Lost Gardens of Heligan